I live in Chicago with my amazing wife, smart daughter, giant dog, & persistent cat. I’m the Associate Director of Admissions Digital Strategies at Columbia College Chicago. I’m all about accessibility through responsive design, and making overcomplicated things simple.
Among other things, I was the Interactive Marketing Manager at TCS Education System and was a Lead Interactive Designer in the marketing department of Pearson.
I grew up in Ohio, am a big soccer fan, and am an Otterbein alumnus.
- Associate Director of Digital Strategies for Undergraduate Admissions: Columbia College Chicago
- Creating & managing the implementation of the undergraduate admissions digital recruitment strategies. Ensuring that the college is intelligently and strategically using developing technologies in ways that coincide with print & other communication media and directly effect recruitment of qualified undergraduate students.
- Interactive Marketing Manager: TCS Education System
- Managing an online community, maintaining the online alumni magazine, designing and building ancillary sites and educating stakeholders on the best uses of the web and social media. Cultivating interactive brand development and ensuring the institutions meet the quality & quantity of recruitment goals. Substantial use of Australian-based Seamless Web Content Management and WordPress.
- Interactive Designer: Pearson
- Creating engaging user experiences through identifying business and communication objectives, developing content plans, setting goals, and developing ancillary media assets.
- Freelance Designer: Chicago, IL
- Conducting diverse variety of graphic design, web design, production artist and information architecture duties for agency.com, Good Studio and Pearson Education, via staffing agencies.
- Marketing Director: Abodes Incorporated
- Designing and purchasing print and internet advertising, writing press releases, designing web sites, managing six company web sites and organizing and implementing events.
- Admissions Counselor & Admissions Publications Coordxinator: Otterbein University
- Responsible for creating copy for and designing all print publications and several web publications for the Office of Admission. Recruiting students from Pennsylvania as well as international students.
- Consulting Designer: Netamaze Consulting
- Designing Web pages, editing and toning images, writing copy and meeting with clients. Design consultant for The Store Online, the Museum of Arts & Design.
- Otterbein College: BA Public Relations // Art/Photography, Speech Communication minors
- Roehampton University (UK)
- The Ohio State University
- Seamless CMS
- Content Coaching
- Social Media Strategy
- #SM Strategy
- Technology training
- Tech training
- Google Analytics
I’m full-time at Columbia College Chicago, but my nights are made for building good stuff. If you think I might be a good fit for your next project, give me a shout.